Sunday, August 15, 2010

Oh, the Benefits of Practice

I started quilting my 30th Broken Star last weekend. I'd finally settled on how to feather it and decided to through caution to the wind and just get it done. I love this top and with the way life is going these days, I really need the pick-me-up of sleeping under something I love. Well, things have not gone as planned. It's been 3 years since I've quilted feathers and man, am I rusty!


They're all weird and wonky but I'm not taking them out. I quilt feathers best left to right even with practice so started right to left probably wasn't smart. I've been practicing on paper all week and am diving back in this afternoon. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year's Resolution - Part 15?

Every year for as long as I can remember I've resolved to lose weight. Like millions and millions of other people. And like millions of ...