Monday, November 16, 2009

Forgetful me!

While the knitting is going well, quilting is progressing at a snail's pace. But did I remember to say why? Of course not! QuiltMom is back to Working QuiltMom. Just as panic was setting in I found a job. The pay isn't good (we're talking 30% pay cut from my last job) but the potential future with this company is very bright. Heck, they're sending me to Germany in December at their expense! And I work from home 2-3 days a week. It really helps balance the low pay.

Another neat surprise - my mother-in-law decided to start handing out my phone number to people looking to have their quilts quilted and one of them called me. She was just looking for a price but it's a start. Apparently there is quite a shortage of longarmers in the immediate area. It maybe time to bite the bullet and put an ad in the paper to take in tops for people. I may not feel ready for fancy custom quilting, but the basics and a little beyond are well mastered. We'll have to see....

And now a quilt pic, because I need one. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year's Resolution - Part 15?

Every year for as long as I can remember I've resolved to lose weight. Like millions and millions of other people. And like millions of ...